Gin Drinks | A Gin Rickey Cocktail Recipe
One of the old time cocktails is the Gin Rickey. This simple highball includes: gin, lime juice and club soda, so its very refreshing on a hot summer day and it is a fantastic change from the all to often Gin & Tonic which i seem to still be sippin on from the last post i did. I love Gin. This cocktail was origionally conceieved in Washington D.C‘s popular congressment hang out, Shoemaker’s. This lovely cocktail recipe was dedicated to and named after “Joe” Rickey who was a old time lobbyist who dies in what i remember was 1903 and was one of the popular guys for making the elected officials entertained and probably why they named this popular cocktail recipe after him.
- 2 oz Gin ( I Prefer Tanqueray London Dry Gin)
- Juice from 1 nicely ripened lime
- Club Soda
- 1 Lime Wedge
- Fill tall glass (highball glass) with ice
- Pour lime juice and gin into the glass
- Top with club soda (gently stir 3 times not disturbing the “CO2″ bubbles.
- Garnish And Enjoy