What Is A Salty Dog Cocktail?
The Salty Dog is the saline version of the popular “canine” drink, the Greyhound. These two drinks are great, if you learn one you know the other; just switch the vodka with gin and salt the glass rim and the your Greyhound becomes a Salty Dog. Personally I like this drink better, the gin adds depth to the grapefruit and if you add a dash ofpeach bitters, WOW!
- 2 oz Gin
- 4 oz Grapefruit Juice
- Pickling Salt
- Lemon Or Lime Wedge For Garnish
- Rim colins glass with pickeling or riming salt
- Fill rimed glass with ice and let chill for a few minutes
- Pour ingredients into colins glass
- Stir 5-6 count
- Garnish (Optional)
- Serve and Enjoy
- Cape Codder (fineartbartending.ca)