The History of the Martini And How It Became Such A Popular Cocktail
The true origin of the martini is draped in mystery! There are differing arguments as to who was the first to create the Martini. Many who claim or have been purported to have created the first Martini have varying recipes and names; none of which exactly fit theMartini recipe that exists today. While opinions differ, the modern day Dry Martiniconsists of Gin and a varying amount of dry white Vermouth (season to taste). An olive, a twist, or a cocktail onion are all acceptable as a garnish.
The most detailed historical claim begins with a cocktail named the Martinez which was created around 1862. This particular drink of the time called for 4 parts red, sweetVermouth to 1 part Gin, garnished with a cherry. The first version included aromatic bitters and Old Tom Gin, which was very sweet and incorporated a strong Juniper flavor. The transformation into what is considered a modern Martini happened gradually. First the Old Tom Gin was replaced with London Dry. Orange Bitters took the place of the aromatic bitters. Afficianados began to replace the red Vermouth with a white, dryVermouth. The proportions of the drink eventually became equal parts and soon the DryMartini appeared, olive included.
Pomegranate Tanqueray Martini
- Chill Martini Glass with ice in it for 3 minutes
- Get Martini glass rim wet with lemon juice and coat with sugar
- Fill tall glass with ice
- Add pomegranate juice, Vodka, Lemon Juice, and Cointreau
- Shake 5 Times
- Strain into chilled Martini Glass
Chill Martini glasses for at least 5 minutes with ice in them. Once chilled time the recuperation of this drink. The rim of the chilled martini glass needs to be coated in lemon juice and dipped strait into sugar to evenly coat the rim of the martini glass. The drink needs to be mixed and added directly into the ready to go chilled, lemon dipped, sugar coated rimed martini glass so it can be enjoyed fresh.
Espresso Martini Recipe
- Vanilla Vodka
- Coffee Liqueur
- Hazelnut Liqueur
- Irish Cream
- Fresh Chilled Espresso
- Chocolate shavings
- Make Espresso
- Chill Martini Glass With Ice In It
- Shave Chocolate Bar With Cheese Grater
- Add Ingredients Into Cocktail Shaker And Give 5 Shakes
- Add To Chilled Martini Glass
The first step is to make your espresso. Make sure you chill it till absolutely cold. Chill martini glass with ice along with the espresso to ensure maximum chill (BEST IN FREEZER.) Pour all other ingredients except chocolate shavings into a cocktail shaker and give 4 good shakes. Strain into the chilled martini glass and add espresso. The drink should have froth, now lastly add your chocolate shavings as garnish and serve. Enjoy!
Blue Martini Recipe
- Chill Martini glass
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Add all the ingredients and shake 5-10 times
- Strain into chilled martini glass
Chill Martini glass for at least 3 minutes. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with glass, and shake 5 or 10 times. Strain mixture into your chilled martini glass and enjoy.
Sweet Cranberry Martini Recipe
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- Lemon Wedge
- Fill cocktail shaker half way with ice
- Add all the ingredients except for the lemon wedge
- Shake 20 seconds
- Strain into cocktail glass
- Garnish with lemon wedge
Chill martini glass in freezer filled with ice for about 3-5 minutes. Add ingredients into cocktail shaker half filled with ice and shake 20 seconds. Take chilled martini glass and pour ice out of it. Strain martini mixture into chilled martini glass, garnish and enjoy.
Kahlua Coffee Martini Recipe
- Hot Water
- Instant Coffee
- Vanalla Extract
- 2 oz Kahlua
- 2 oz Vodka
- Chill martini glass by filling with ice and placing in freezer
- Make Coffee, (I prefer mine stronger than normal for this martini)
- Pour sugar (to taste) into hot coffee and stir till sugar is dissolved
- Put coffee in the freezer to chill till ice cold (20 minutes or so)
- Add vodka, Kahlua and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract into cocktail shaker filled 1/2 way with ice.
- Pour Kahlua, vodka, vanilla mixture into chilled martini glass
- Fill with coffee mixture and garnish with chocolate shavings if you have a sweet tooth.
The first step is to prepare your martini glass and your coffee mixture. Get hot water boiling and put your martini glass in the freezer filled with ice. By the time the coffee mixture is done your glass will be chilled enough. Once coffee is made add sugar to your taste. Pour Kahlua, vodka, and vanilla extract into a cocktail shaker half way filled with ice. Shake 5-10 times and strain into your chilled martini class in the freezer. Top it up with your chilled coffee mixture, garnish if you choose and enjoy.
Grapefruit & Orange Martini Recipe
- 20 ml orange juice
- 60 ml grapefruit juice
- 2 oz Vodka
- Chill highball glass with ice in the freezer
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka
- Shake 20 seconds and strain into chilled highball glass
- Fill glass with orange juice and grapefruit juice.
Put high ball glass in freezer filled with ice to chill. Add 2 oz vodka to cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake 20 seconds and pour into chilled highball glass. Add oj and gj till glass is full. Add 2 or 3 ice cubes.
Monday Martini Recipe
- 7ml Simple Syrup
- 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 slice of fresh watermelon
- 2 oz Vodka
- Chill Martini Glass
- Finley chop or mush watermelon
- Add Vodka and simple syrup to cocktail glass
- Add diced/mashed watermelon and ice cubes
- Rim martini glass with lemon juice
- Strain mixture into chilled lemon rimed martini glass
Fill martini glass with ice and place in freezor to chill. Mash or finly dice your watermealon and put into a cup. Slice a lemon into wedges to get ready to rim martini glass once chilled. Add sympol syrupe, vodka, dices/mashed watermellon and ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake for a good 15-20 count. Use lemon wedge to rim the chilled martini glass (pour ice out of martini glass). Strain cocktail shaker mixture into chilled, rimed martini glass and enjoy.