3 Spooky Halloween Cocktails
We have a few simple and fun Halloween Cocktails you would mix up and enjoy. Invite some friends over, and try them out. Everyone likes to be a test audience when it comes to fun cocktails.
Two Ghoulish Halloween Cocktails and a Martini
Halloween is always a fun time of year, with the opportunity for a little costume fun and to break out those creepy decorations. The kids get to indulge in candy. We suggest that you adults out there also do a little indulging as well to alleviate the fear and glee-filled screams of little ones as they discover what goodies are being offered at the door.
#1 – The Vampire’s Bite
This cocktail is a pretty simple cocktail to get you through the evening. A light vodka-based cocktail with a blood-like purple murkiness that hangs in the drink to pique everyone’s curiosity. What you need is:
- 1oz of Vodka
- 3oz Lemonade
- 1oz Soda
- one tablespoon of pomegranate juice
How to make the Drink?
- Fill a tall glass with ice
- Add your Vodka and lemonade
- top off the drink with soda water
- take that teaspoon of pomegranate juice and slowly drizzle it on top
This cocktail isn’t far in construction from a typical Collins… maybe even a Comrade Collins. Easy to drink and for any of your lightweight guests a nice start to the night. A stronger cocktail for you to consider is the Ghoul’s Delight.
#2 – Ghoul’s Delight
What ingredients go in your Ghoul’s Delight?
- 1oz a smoky Blended Scotch Whisky
- 0.5oz Blue Curacao Liqueur
- 3oz Orange Juice
- Gummi Worms, for garnish
And how should you mix up this ghostly beverage?
- Add your spirits and orange juice to a shaker tin with ice
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds,
- Strain into a tall glass filled with fresh ice
- Hang a couple gummy worms over the edge of the glass
The scotch whiskey does have a little more punch to it. Adding Blue Curacao will introduce some citrus and sweetnes, plus a whole lot of blue. Shaking with Orange Juice will create a ghastly green that is worthy of a couple gummi worms as a garnish. Try a Ghoul’s Delight at Halloween, or anytime you want to get creative. We would suggest practicing with a cheap scotch to start. Save your single malts for savouring on their own, or with soda
#3 – A Halloween Martini
We have to offer up a seasonal martini cocktail for those fancier enthusiasts. Not every cocktail needs to be ghost, ghoul or vampire themed to be enjoyed during October. Starbucks starts early with their pumpkin spiced lattes and we see craft breweries ramping up production on their sweet and vanilla loaded winter ales. Try this tasty fall cocktail instead of a typical martini.
The Ingredients in a Pumpkin Pie Martini
- 1oz a smokey Blended Scotch Whisky
- 4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1oz Apple Juice
- 0.5oz Half & Half Cream
- 0.25oz Maple Syrup
- 2 Dashes Cinnamon
- Fresh Nutmeg
- Cinnamon Stick
And How to Prepare This Cocktail
- Combine ingredients in a shaker tin with ice,
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds to get all ingredients to thoroughly mix well
- Strain into a Martini Glass
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and a cinnamon stick
If you have some suggestions for Halloween cocktails, we are all ears. We have each group of students in our bartending course spend the time to come up with a tasty concoction of their own. Of course we also like to post photos of some fun cocktails on our IG too.
From The Bartenders at Fine Art Bartending School