Sea Breeze, Bay Breeze and Cape Codder
We have three closely related tasty vodka cocktails here. The Sea Breeze, Bay Breeze and Cape Cod are all great sipping cocktails. Have a look at each and pick one, or all to make for your guests. Vodka pairs well with a few different sweet or sour mixes. Check out these three cocktail recipes below.
History Of The Cape Cod
The Cape Cod (as it is more widely known than the New England “codder” moniker) was highly popularized in the 1970′s/early 80′s by the TGI FRIDAYS chain. FRIDAYS served the “holy vodka trilogy” aka the cape cod (cranberry), the greyhound (grapefruit or the salty dog variant w/ grapefruit & a salted rim) and the sea breeze/Bay Breeze (cranberry/grapefruit). they were all the cosmopolitans of their day – lol!
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice (Cranberry Juice, Not Cranberry Cocktail)
- 1 Lime Wedge
- Fill a highball glass with ice
- Pour vodka over ice, then add your cranberry juice
- Stir 4-5 times
- Garnish with that fresh lime wedge and serve
The Sea Breeze Cocktail
The Sea Breeze is one of many popular vodka and juice mixed drinks that every aspiring bartender should know. There are a few drinks that can be easily confused with the Sea Breeze: the Greyhound is grapefruit juice only, the Bay Breeze is pineapple and cranberry juices, and the Cape Codder is cranberry juice only.
- 1 3/4 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
- Grapefruit Slice For Garnish (Optional)
- Chill tall glass filled with ice
- Pour Vodka and Cranberry in to glass
- Top with Grapefruit juice
- Garnish and serve
History Of The Bay Breeze Cocktail:
The Bay Breeze cocktail is often called the Downeaster or the Hawaiian Sea Breeze. This is a tropical cocktail which is also an official IBA cocktail. The Bay Breeze can also be made with grapefruit juice instead of pineapple juice, however you will notice that if using grapefruit… this would technically be called a Sea Breeze.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- Lime Wedge for Garnish
- Add Vodka, Cranberry Juice, And Pineapple Juice or (Grapefruit Juice) to cocktail shaker half filled with ice.
- Give 5-6 shakes and
- Strain into a cocktail glass with ice
- Garnish with lime wedge and enjoy.