Meet your instructors
Lead Instructor – Jeroemie McKiel
Jeroemie is everything a Bartender should be, and has done pretty much everything a Bartender can do. He brings over 20 years of experience to Fine Art and a resume that would need it’s own website to list.
At the age of 18 Jeroemie went to Bartending school in Toronto, and then got to work right after. He spent the first few years of his career working in various nightclubs throughout Ontario and Quebec, which included a stint at Toronto’s famous Dock’s Nightclub. He soon realized though, that with the universal skill of Bartending, he needn’t stay in Canada, so he set out to see the world.
For years, Jeroemie was able to work behind one bar after another, in one city after another, seeing the world as he went. His Bartending travels started in Britain working in various pubs throughout England, Ireland, and Scotland. Then when he’d seen his fare share of the UK, he moved on to see the rest of Europe, working at hotel bars across the mediterranean, even Bartending on cruise lines occasionally to get from one country to the next. Still not satisfied though, Jeroemie took his skills down under, pouring pints all over Australia, including at the world famous Bojangles Saloon. After years of travelling, and pouring literally thousands of drinks, Jeroemie decided to come back to Canada, but not before a quick stop in New York to pour just a few more drops. Eventually, Jeroemie came back home, settling here in Vancouver.
Over his expansive career Jeroemie has picked up an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things drinkable, and an endless catalogue of stories from behind the world’s most famous bar tops. He’s been able to enjoy such a diverse career in the industry because of the effortless rapor he shares with his customers, which he now shares with our students. Over the past four years Jeroemie has probably trained more Bartenders than anyone else in this city, littering the Vancouver Bar scene with competent and confident Bartenders. He continues to stay in contact with many of his former students, including Henry Allan and Xander Davison, who have come back to Fine Art to teach alongside Jeroemie after their own successful careers.
Devin has done almost every job in the industry from coat-check to management, in every kind of bar from diner to nightclub.
Originally from the Island, Devin started his career working the door at Nanaimo’s Level Two Nightclub. But in a span of just two years, Level Two promoted him through the ranks to busser then bartender, then bartender to management, before finally asking him to run the entire club. After three years in charge there, he branched out to mix drinks with Original Joe’s sports bar chain, and Nanaimo’s oldest restaurant, Modern Cafe.
More recently, Devin has worked the bar at Milestones in Vancouver, and today focuses on his love DJ’ing at local nightclubs. During the week though, he teaches here with us at Fine Art, sharing first-hand experience on how to rise through the industry and run a successful bar.
Ryan Boyd – Manager
All courses and instructors at Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver, are directly managed & overseen by Ryan Boyd. Highlights of Ryan’s qualifications include:
- Graduated from Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver in 1994
- 18 years of experience in the best establishments in the Vancouver Bar & Restaurant scene, including: Bar None, Pop Opera, Luce, La Terrazza, The Roxy, Richards on Richards, Voda Nightclub & Lounge, The Keg, Mars Nightclub
- 10 years Instructor/Performer/Lead Instructor with the largest Flair Bartending training company in the world: extremebartending.com
- Organized, judged, competed-in & won various Flair Bartending & Cocktail competitions locally & internationally
- Featured Flair Bartending & Customer Service Trainer in the worlds #1 best selling Working Flair & Customer service DVD series, sold in over 100 countries
- Exhibited, performed, and spoke at various international trade shows
- Featured in Bar & Beverage and Night Club & Bar Magazine
- Appeared on various TV programs showcasing & promoting Flair Bartending
- Winner of National Martini, Cocktail, and Flair Competitions
- Traveled extensively internationally training hundreds of Nightclub, Casino and Restaurant Bartenders in Working Flair Bartending, and advanced customer service
- Consulted for various Bars & Restaurants in the area’s of; Customer Service, Efficiency, Cocktail Menu Creation, Wine List Creation, and Suggestive Selling Techniques
- Continues to pursue a passion for wine, touring vineyards locally & internationally