Terms & Conditions
- I acknowledge my enrollment in Fine Art Bartending School and understand that I must be at least 18 years of age or older to attend and/or participate in any programs offered by Fine Art Bartending School.
- I accept the Liability and Assumption of Risk Waiver as detailed below.
- I agree to abide by all the rules and regulations as set out by Fine Art Bartending School and its instructors. If I fail to do so, I may be liable to dismissal, therefore not completing any of my programs/workshops, and therefore being refused a certificate(s).
- I understand that my enrollment does not guarantee that I will be booked in my desired program start or class date, and that I may be required to be rescheduled in another program/workshop start or class date. If I do desire to switch to another program/workshop start or class date I may be able to do so by notifying the Fine Art Bartending School in writing, within 48 hours of registering to not incur a penalty.
- I understand that if I decide to cancel or reschedule my enrollment for any program/workshop after the 48 hour cancellation or rescheduling period, I accept that I will be charged a rescheduling fee of 50% of the cost of the current price of that specific program/workshop. I further accept that if I do decide to cancel out of my scheduled program/workshop after the 48 hour cancellation period, I will not be entitled to a cancellation refund, only to be reschedule into another start/class date in which a penalty may be incurred .
- I understand that if I do decide to reschedule my program/workshop class or date, Fine Art will attempt to fill my program/workshop spot upon my written notice to Fine Art to do so, and that if my spot is filled, I am entitled to reschedule my date(s) at no charge. I can also attempt to fill the spot on my own to have another individual fill my spot, although I must notify Fine Art of the change before the program/workshop start date. I further understand that Fine Art is not responsible nor obligated to fill my spot and that they are only doing it out of good faith.
- I acknowledge that if I do cancel my enrollment within 48 hours of my registration, I will still be charged a $10 administration fee for the processing of my enrollment.
- I acknowledge that my refund will be processed by Fine Art Bartending School within 30 days after receipt of my written cancellation.
- My lateness, failure to attend, or failure to notify Fine Art in advance that I will not be attending a scheduled class date/time will not guarantee that I will be able to make up that class date or material covered.
- I agree that if I fail to show up to any scheduled program start date that I am not entitled to a refund or rescheduling. I may choose to reschedule my enrollment for the next available start date/time for a fee of 50% of the total tuition fee of the program/workshop in which I am enrolled into, only if I have not attended any previous classes.
- I acknowledge that if I miss more than 25% of my program/workshop (more than 2 weekday classes, or more that 1 weekend class, I am not entitled to complete the testing and therefore earn the certification. I can reschedule any missed classes only if space is available in other time slots. If I fail to attend my scheduled test date for any program/workshop, I must pay a test rescheduling fee of 25% of the program/workshop tuition fee and can only be rescheduled into another test date depending on space availability.
- I acknowledge that the training methods and materials, equipment or workbooks used in your programs/workshops may change from time to time and may not reflect past programs/workshops taught.
- I acknowledge that I must show any one of the following forms of identification in order to attend any of the programs/ workshops that require me to be of age to legally consume alcohol. They are as follows: Valid drivers license, Passport, Citizenship Card, Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card, B.C.I.D. A health card is not an acceptable form of identification. If a member of the Fine Art staff feels that my identification is not valid or true, I may be denied entry to the program/workshop. If I fail to present valid identification, I am not entitled to a refund. I may choose to reschedule into another class date and time at the prescribed rescheduling fee.
- I acknowledge that if I lose or misplace any of my workbooks/manuals that I am responsible to replace them at the cost set out by Fine Art Bartending School.
- I accept that I will be charged a fee of $25 for any personal cheque payment(s), which are returned for non-sufficient funds, for any of my enrollment fees paid.
- I understand that my enrollment does not guarantee any job positions or placements within the industry I am training for.
- I acknowledge that Fine Art Bartending School is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal belongings that I may bring to any class or purchase from the Fine Art Bartending School.
- I acknowledge that I may be required to accept further terms and conditions, based on the programs/workshops I wish to enroll in.
Liability and Assumption of Risk Waiver
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- I, the student, fully understand and accept that bartending and flair bartending can be dangerous activities and that there are substantial risks and dangers that exist due to the very nature of these activities. I understand that these risks and dangers can also exist from latent (unknown) defects in equipment used in all of the foregoing activities. All of the activities involved, directly and/or indirectly, in connection with these activities involve for me to be in good physical health. I therefore agree to inform, Fine Art Bartending School, in writing, prior to commencement of any training of the afore mentioned activities, of any physical condition that might impair or hamper my participation in these activities (i.e. Heart conditions, sprains etc.) Furthermore, I fully understand and acknowledge that my participation in the activities of bartending or flair bartending and those incidentals thereto could result in injury or illness including but not limited to bodily injury, disease, fractures, strains, partial and/ or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability.
- “Flair”, “Working Flair”, “Performance” and/or “Extreme Bartending” are terms used to describe what is referred to in this document as “Flair Bartending”. Bartending and Flair Bartending consist of the action of manipulating objects related to bartending. These objects may include, but are not limited to, drinking glasses, glass bottles, practice bottles, shaker tins, pour spouts and any other bartending accessories and/or tool that may be used throughout training and /or while working in a establishment that requires to do so. When manipulated in this manner, these movements and action may cause an inherent risk of injury or harm to those involved with or witnessing this event.
- I hereby assume all risks, dangers and all responsibilities for any losses and/or damages whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the owners, agents, officers, employees or other students, whether said risks and dangers are foreseeable or unforeseeable.
- As part of the consideration for services provided by the owner, I hereby release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify Fine Art Bartending School, its employees, agents other students from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my participation on the activities arranged by Fine Art Bartending School. This agreement shall be binding upon my personal representatives and my heirs.
- I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claims, action or suits which I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by Fine Art Bartending School, its employees, agents, officers, or other students, and expressly agree not to institute any action against Fine Art Bartending School, its owners employees, agents, officers or other students for any injury or damages of any kind which may occur as a result of my participation in the activities provided by the flair bartenders association inc.