Terms & Conditions
By registering for courses or classes at Fine Art Bartending Vancouver, you agree to the terms of the Refund Policy outlined under https://www.fineartbartending.ca/refund-policy/
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this Website, which is accessible from https://www.fineartbartending.ca, you are agreeing to be bound by these Website Terms and Conditions of Use. Furthermore you agree that you are responsible for being in agreement with any applicable local laws. If you disagree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from accessing this site. Note that the materials contained in this Website are protected by copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to view the material on Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd.’s Website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you:
- may not modify or copy the materials;
- may not use the materials for any commercial purpose or for any public display;
- may not attempt to reverse engineer any software contained on Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd.’s Website;
- may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- may not transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” any of the materials on any other server.
Violation of this grant of license will allow Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. to terminate license immediately. Upon termination, your viewing right will be terminated and you will be expected to destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether the materials are in printed or electronic format.
All the materials on Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd.’s Website are provided “as is”. Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. makes no warranties, may it be expressed or implied, and therefore negates all other warranties. Furthermore, Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. does not make any representations concerning the accuracy or reliability of the use of the materials on its Website or otherwise relating to such materials or any sites linked to this Website.
Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. or its suppliers will not be held accountable for any damages that arise with the use or improper use the materials on Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd.’s Website. This includes if Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. or an authorized representative of this Website has been notified, orally or written, of the possibility of such damage. Some jurisdiction does not allow limitations on implied warranties or limitations of liability for incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd.’s Website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. will not promise that any of the materials in this Website are accurate, complete, or current. Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. may change the materials contained on its Website at any time without notice. Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The presence of any link does not imply endorsement by Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd. of the site. The use of any linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim related to Fine Art Bartending School Vancouver Ltd.’s website shall be governed by the laws of Canada without regards to its conflict of law provisions.
By registering through the website, each student agrees to each of the following:
- I acknowledge my enrolment in Fine Art Bartending School and understand that I must be at least 18 years of age or older to attend and/or participate in any programs offered by Fine Art Bartending School.
- I accept the Liability and Assumption of Risk Waiver as detailed below. I also agree to sign the written risk waiver at the school before starting the first day of class.
- I acknowledge that by making payment through this website will constitute registration. The website automatically generates an email which is then sent to the email address inputted into the checkout form.
- I acknowledge that I will accept responsibility for inputting a correct email address and check my spam or junk folder in case the confirmation email from the school ends up in that mailbox.
- I accept that the I have read and understood the terms of the refund policy
- I accept that $149 of the tuition is a non-refundable administrative fee. If I cancel my enrolment for any reason, this $149 will not be refunded.
- I understand that if I decide to cancel or reschedule my enrolment for any program/workshop within 72 hours of the start of the confirmed start date and time, I accept that I am not entitled to receive any refund for the program.
- I accept that Fine Art Bartending will keep my record of registration which may be applied to a future class start that is mutually agreed upon in writing by both myself and Fine Art Bartending.
- I further accept that a rescheduling charge may apply. I understand that rescheduling any of my classes may be subject to a rescheduling fee of $50 for each class.
- I acknowledge that any refunds for courses, will be processed by Fine Art Bartending School within 7-10 business days after receipt of my written cancellation.
- I agree to abide by all the rules and regulations as set out by Fine Art Bartending School and its instructors. If I fail to do so, I may be liable to dismissal, therefore not completing any of my programs/workshops, and therefore being refused a certificate(s).
- I understand that my enrolment does not guarantee that I will be booked in my desired program start or class date, and that I may be required to be rescheduled in another program/workshop start or class date. If I do desire to switch to another program/workshop start or class date I may be able to do so by notifying the Fine Art Bartending School in writing, within 72 hours of registering to not incur a penalty.
- My lateness, failure to attend, or failure to notify Fine Art in advance that I will not be attending a scheduled class date/time will not guarantee that I will be able to make up that class date or material covered.
- I agree that if I fail to show up to any scheduled program start date that I am not entitled to a refund or rescheduling. I may choose to reschedule my enrolment for the next available start date/time for a fee of 50% of the total tuition fee of the program/workshop in which I am enrolled into, only if I have not attended any previous classes.
- I acknowledge that if I miss more than 25% of my program/workshop (more than 2 weekday classes, or more that 1 weekend class, I am not entitled to complete the testing and therefore earn the certification. I can reschedule any missed classes only if space is available in other time slots. If I fail to attend my scheduled test date for any program/workshop, I must pay a test rescheduling fee of $50 and can only be rescheduled into another test date depending on space availability.
- I acknowledge that the option to repeat the program is dependent on my previous performance in class. I accept that if I am dismissed from class for any reason, or if I score less than 50% in both written and practical testing, I may not be allowed to join future classes.
- I acknowledge that the training methods and materials, equipment or workbooks used in your programs/workshops may change from time to time and may not reflect past programs/workshops taught.
- I acknowledge that I must show any one of the following forms of identification in order to attend any of the programs/ workshops that require me to be of age to legally consume alcohol. They are as follows: Valid drivers license, Passport, Citizenship Card, Canadian Armed Forces Identification Card, B.C.I.D. A health card is not an acceptable form of identification. If a member of the Fine Art staff feels that my identification is not valid or true, I may be denied entry to the program/workshop. If I fail to present valid identification, I am not entitled to a refund. I may choose to reschedule into another class date and time at the prescribed rescheduling fee.
- I acknowledge that if I lose or misplace any of my workbooks/manuals that I am responsible to replace them at the cost set out by Fine Art Bartending School.
- I accept that I will be charged a fee of $75 for any personal cheque payment(s), which are returned for non-sufficient funds, for any of my enrolment fees paid.
- I understand that my enrolment does not guarantee any job positions or placements within the industry I am training for.
- I acknowledge that Fine Art Bartending School is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal belongings that I may bring to any class or purchase from the Fine Art Bartending School.
- I acknowledge that I may be required to accept further terms and conditions, based on the programs/workshops I wish to enrol in.
Liability and Assumption of Risk Waiver
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- I, the student, fully understand and accept that bartending and flair bartending can be dangerous activities and that there are substantial risks and dangers that exist due to the very nature of these activities. I understand that these risks and dangers can also exist from latent (unknown) defects in equipment used in all of the foregoing activities. All of the activities involved, directly and/or indirectly, in connection with these activities involve for me to be in good physical health. I therefore agree to inform, Fine Art Bartending School, in writing, prior to commencement of any training of the afore mentioned activities, of any physical condition that might impair or hamper my participation in these activities (i.e. Heart conditions, sprains etc.) Furthermore, I fully understand and acknowledge that my participation in the activities of bartending or flair bartending and those incidentals thereto could result in injury or illness including but not limited to bodily injury, disease, fractures, strains, partial and/ or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability.
- “Flair”, “Working Flair”, “Performance” and/or “Extreme Bartending” are terms used to describe what is referred to in this document as “Flair Bartending”. Bartending and Flair Bartending consist of the action of manipulating objects related to bartending. These objects may include, but are not limited to, drinking glasses, glass bottles, practice bottles, shaker tins, pour spouts and any other bartending accessories and/or tool that may be used throughout training and /or while working in a establishment that requires to do so. When manipulated in this manner, these movements and action may cause an inherent risk of injury or harm to those involved with or witnessing this event.
- I hereby assume all risks, dangers and all responsibilities for any losses and/or damages whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the owners, agents, officers, employees or other students, whether said risks and dangers are foreseeable or unforeseeable.
- As part of the consideration for services provided by the owner, I hereby release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify Fine Art Bartending School, its employees, agents other students from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my participation on the activities arranged by Fine Art Bartending School. This agreement shall be binding upon my personal representatives and my heirs.
- I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claims, action or suits which I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by Fine Art Bartending School, its employees, agents, officers, or other students, and expressly agree not to institute any action against Fine Art Bartending School, its owners employees, agents, officers or other students for any injury or damages of any kind which may occur as a result of my participation in the activities provided by Fine Art Bartending School.